Our third fertility friendly recipe from RHG Partner, Rosie Tadman, is a refreshing Beetroot and Mint Dip. If you have missed her previous 2 recipes, you can access them via the links below:
- Frittata – aka Baked eggs
- Banana and Egg Pancake
Beetroots are a fantastic source of the antioxidant resveratrol, which is thought to help combat against age-related infertility. They also supply nitrates known to improve blood flow to the sexual organs, making them useful for male fertility and for supporting a healthy uterus during embryo implantation.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 (as a side dip)
- 450g of fresh beetroot
- 1 whole garlic
- Zest and juice of a large unwaxed lemon
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tsp of crème fresh (optional)
- Scrub the beetroot and cut into 8ths
- Melt the coconut oil and toss the beetroot it the oil/ drizzle the oil over beetroot on a baking tray.
- On a baking tray spread out the beetroot and the whole garlic bulb (leave it whole). Place these in the oven, on 200celcius, for 30 minutes, until the beetroot has softened.
- In a food processor/ blender place the beetroot, lemon, olive oil, salt, mint and squeeze out the garlic from the cloves.
- Pulse the mixture until roughly blended – do not do it until smooth – leave the beetroot ‘grainy’ and with texture
- Then you have the option to stir in crème fraiche for an added creamy taste.