This week we will be publishing a series of ‘fertility recipes‘, which have been carefully devised by our nutritional therapist, Celia Cooper. Diet has a major impact on your general health, but also your fertility and should be a big part of your fertility journey.
Our first recipe is for a Mushroom and Herb Omelette. The recipe provides 2 servings.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- basil or thyme – finely chopped
- 2 tsps butter or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs and spices. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms in half the butter or coconut oil (1 teaspoon) until tender; set aside.
- In same pan, melt half of the remaining butter. Pour half of the egg mixture into the pan. Cook, lifting edge to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath. When almost set, spoon half of the mushrooms over half of the omelette. Fold the other half over the mushrooms; slide onto a serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
Eggs are a great source of protein and zinc. Protein keeps you fuller for longer helping maintain a healthy weight. Being over or underweight can affect normal menstrual cycles and disrupt or even stop ovulation altogether, so maintaining a healthy BMI is a helpful in supporting your fertility.