This week we will be publishing a series of ‘fertility recipes‘, which have been carefully devised by our nutritional therapist, Celia Cooper. Diet has a major impact on your general health, but also your fertility and should be a big part of your fertility journey.
Our third recipe is for Quinoa Salad. The recipe provides 4 servings.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 100g Quinoa
- 300ml Light stock
- 60g Pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ Avocado
- 4 large Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g Mangetout, very finely shredded
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely snipped
- 1 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped
- 120g Canned sweet corn (no added sugar or salt)
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- Gently heat the oil in a medium sized pan. Toss in the quinoa and let it ‘toast’ for a few minutes, stirring briefly. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer into a large bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients. Season well.
Serve with salmon fillet and some leafy greens or broccoli.
- Pumpkin seeds are a source of zinc, protein and healthy fats. Your body needs essential fats so it is important to include some healthy fats in your diet, such as oily fish twice a week, some unsalted nuts, seeds and olive oil.
- Zinc is found in high concentrations in the sperm. Zinc is needed to make the outer layer and tail of the sperm and is, therefore, essential for the sperm health.
- Quinoa is a source of magnesium. Magnesium is often depleted, especially under periods of high stress.