Further to the updated guidance issued by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23/03/30, RHG’s strategy for the provision of services has been amended accordingly. The following will apply until further notice:
- Suspension of the initiation of new treatment cycles, including IUI, IVF and FET as well as egg freezing, unless for emergency fertility preservation cases.
- Continuation of care for patients who are currently ‘in treatment cycle’.
- Recommendation made to all patients due to have an embryo transfer whether fresh or frozen to defer treatment.
- Suspension of all elective surgical sperm retrievals.
- Minimisation of face to face consultations and interactions by increasing the use of remote and virtual consultations (telehealth).
- Maintenance of stringent measures to minimise any risk of infection.
- Regular informational webinars to take place.
The priority of RHG is to maximise the wellbeing of patients, staff and society at large. The above decisions have certainly not been taken lightly, however I recognise that it is our social responsibility, as an organisation and as a community of quality healthcare providers, to comply with public health recommendations and apply them during this sad and unprecedented time.
Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time by email at LNARDO@reproductivehealthgroup.co.uk
Professor Luciano Nardo